Internet Addiction Treatment Strategies
|OnDemand Webinar||$49||Add to Cart|
The Internet is both a blessing and a curse in modern society. While it offers people instant access to information and networking, it also ushers in the potential for the addiction trap, especially because it is easy to access, it allows for anonymous usage, and the possibilities it offers in the area of reality escape are significant. In this OnDemand Webinar, addiction expert Dr. Jamie Marich will cover how Internet usage can fall into established definitions and models of addictive behavior. Implications for treating, including discussion of several simple, easy-to-teach strategies will help you to work with your clients who may be suffering in silence.
- You will be able to discuss what a process addiction is.
- You will be able to review cross-addiction issues and the process addictions.
- You will be able to explain treatment strategies.
AuthorsJamie Marich, Ph.D., LPCC-S, LICDC, Private Practice
Addiction is Addiction is Addiction: Where Does the Internet Fit?
• Addiction Model Basics
• What is a Process Addiction?
• DSM-IV and DSM V
The Addiction Narrative: Internet as the 'Drug of Choice'
• Case Studies
• An Unholy Trinity: Ease of Access, Escaping Reality/Intimacy, Anonymity
• Cross-Addiction Issues and the Process Addictions
• The Importance of Individualized Treatment: Goal Setting
• A Three-Phase Model Spanning Theoretical Paradigms
• 5 Specific Coping Techniques and Treatment Tricks
Question and Answers