Assessing Older Adults for Substance Use Disorders: Special Considerations for Clinicians
|OnDemand Webinar||$99||Add to Cart|
Clinicians often falsely assume that assessing an older adult for substance use disorders is the same as evaluating a young adult or a middle aged adult when, in reality, there are numerous differences that are essential to consider. This OnDemand Webinar will familiarize the audience with descriptive data and pertinent research about drug and alcohol consumption amongst older adults (over 55) in the U.S., highlight special issues that clinicians must consider when assessing older adults for substance use disorders, evaluate special issues that clinicians must consider in making treatment recommendations for older adults.
By ordering this OnDemand Webinar, you will enhance your effectiveness in working with older adults and more effectively meet clients "where they are at". This program is ideal for professionals who work with the elderly.
- You will be able to discuss what the statistics say on prevalence.
- You will be able to review biological, social, and cultural factors.
- You will be able to identify practical strategies for individualizing treatment.
AuthorsJamie Marich, Ph.D., LPCC-S, LICDC, Private Practice
Just the Facts Ma'am
• What the Statistics Say on Prevalence
• What the Statistics Say About Treatment
Entering the Unique World of the Older Adult
• Biological, Social, and Cultural Factors
• Approaching the Assessment With Care and Integrity
• Does Treatment Work for Older Adults?
• Practical Strategies for Individualizing Treatment