What Happened to Asperger's Syndrome: A New Look At An Old Diagnostic Category
|OnDemand Webinar||$99||Add to Cart|
The benefits of this cutting-edge seminar are different because most presentations cover just autism, Asperger's syndrome or nonverbal learning disorders. This on-demand webinar will compare symptoms, discuss the perils of misdiagnosis and attempt to understand why the vast majority of these children and teens are initially misdiagnosed, and what improper treatment can cause. Co-morbidity is the rule, not the exception. This program will discuss educational needs and why a 504 or IEP is often crucial for a child's success. This on-demand webinar will also address the different qualifications for services through regional centers in California and their sister organizations throughout the country.
- You will be able to review the difference between Asperger's and HFA.
- You will be able to discuss symptoms of girls vs. boys.
- You will be able to recognize nonverbal learning disorder.
AuthorsWilliam J. Shryer, DCSW, LCSW, BCD, Diablo Behavioral Healthcare
HFA and Asperger's Syndrome Historical Overview
• Hans Asperger and Leo Kanner
• Differentiating Asperger's Syndrome and HFA
Screening Red Flags
• Shared Symptoms
• Girls vs. Boys
• Diagnostic Difficulties
• Understanding Emotions
• Differentiating OCD from Asperger's
Nonverbal Learning Disorder